Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mother/Daughter Tea Party!

Ever since Gracelyn was born, it was always just the two of us and she was used to having my undivided attention.  Then along came Faith, and suddenly she had to share!  Don’t get me wrong – Gracelyn LOVES her little sister and she has never complained about having to share me with Faith.  But every once in awhile, I can tell that she really needs some Gracelyn & Mommy time.  Well, Gracelyn’s Girl Scout Troop got invited to a Mother/Daughter Tea Party on February 27th, and Gracelyn and I decided that it would be something fun for us to do together – Just the two of us!  So, we went out and bought her a special party dress (which will be pulling double-duty as her Easter dress)!  Doesn’t she look so grown up!

AFebuary2010 128 AFebuary2010 129

We dropped Faith off with Aunt Kelly and Uncle Darius and we were on our way!  Once we arrived, they took a picture of every mother/daughter pair, and they gave us the picture before we left.  The tables were decorated with some really nice tablecloths and flower arrangements and we actually got to use real china for our tea and lemonade! 

AFebuary2010 109 AFebuary2010 108

I think Gracelyn was a little disappointed with the food that they served – Big Surprise! – But I really enjoyed it!  We were served cucumber, egg salad, and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, cookies and scones.  The scones were just really hard biscuits and not that good, but the cucumber sandwiches were really quite tasty!

Everyone from Gracelyn’s troop attended the tea party, so Gracelyn had a lot of fun giggling with her friends and I got to know the other mothers a little better.

AFebuary2010 110 AFebuary2010 112

After everyone finished their tea, the girls got to play some games, which were led by some high school girl scouts from the Noblesville area.  They also made a cute picture frame to put our picture in.  Gracelyn had such a great time she didn’t want to leave and I really enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with just her!  Since I get to spend all day with Faith while Gracelyn is in school – I am trying to make some time at least once a week where it’s just Gracelyn & Mommy time!  I just started a new job so hopefully I will be able to make it work!!

AFebuary2010 125 AFebuary2010 140

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh -too fun!! These pictures make me realize what fun it would be having a daughter. It's all football and tackling one another in our boy household!

    ReplyDelete