Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me and My Blog

Well. . . I've finally decided to start my own blog instead of living vicariously through my sister's! I really want to document the day-t0-day joys and struggles of raising two unique, wonderful little girls and this seems to be the best way to go about that. Today is my birthday and I'm going to kick-off my 28th year by trying something new. Here are a few of the new things that took place today:
  • Faith had her 6-Month Well Baby Appointment and she has finally started to gain weight. She is now in the 9th Percentile! Hooray!
  • I decided to treat myself to a pedicure and took Faith with me for her first spa experience. She spent the first 20 minutes trying to squirm off of my lap and into the bubbling water at my feet. Fortunately, She did NOT succeed!
  • My 6-Year old, Gracelyn, threw her first birthday party ever. She invited all of her neighborhood friends over to sing me "Happy Birthday" and they all gave me cards and pictures that they had drawn. (I'm pretty sure that she made them do this - but it was really sweet!)
  • My neighbor invited me and the girls over for dinner with her and her two kids for the first time since we moved to this neighborhood. It was a great evening full of good conversation. She even surprised me with flowers, a birthday card and a really tasty chocolate cake! Let me just say - I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS!!!
  • Faith tried cereal for the first time! She was NOT a huge fan. She mainly just gagged on it and spit it back out. I'm hoping it will just take a little bit of time and then she will start to like it, so. . . we will try again tomorrow, and the next day, and again the next day. . .

All in all, It was a great day! I will post some pictures once I get a chance to upload them.

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY!!! I love your blog! :) you need to update it! haha, j/k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! Now I have TWO family blogs to keep up with!!

    ReplyDelete