Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sweet Potatoes & Spelling Tests


Gracelyn has really been struggling with her spelling this year, but last Thursday she got her first A+ on a spelling test. Yay!! Each week when she brings home her new list of spelling words, I am so full of optimism that this is the week the complexities of spelling will finally click for her. We work on it a little bit every night and every time we are in the car I quiz her on the words. She usually starts off the week by getting most of them right. However, by the end of the week it seems as if she is struggling with the ones she knew just a few days ago. I decided that my anxiety over her getting a good grade was rubbing off on her. So last week I just decided not to stress over it as much. We still did the same amount of work, however, I did not push her as much to focus on the words she was having problems with. Instead, we just spent the same amount of time on each word and I just prayed that most of it would stick with her for the test. Apparently, It worked. I am SOOO proud of her and she could not wait to get home from school to tell me how good she did. Now that she knows what it feels like to get an A+, I think that she will be trying a little harder to get another one!

Faith started eating solid foods 10 days ago. Since she does not really care for the Rice Cereal, I have decided to move onto other more interesting flavors. Yesterday, she tried Sweet Potatoes for the first time. While she didn't seem to love it, she doesn't hate it. I usually have to trick her into smiling by making funny noises in order to get her to open her mouth enough to fit the spoon in between her lips. She still spits more out than she swallows, but we seem to be making progress. Here are some pictures of her eating cereal last week and of her eating sweet potatoes today.





No comments:

Post a Comment