Sunday, November 22, 2009

Slumber Party!

This past week has been a busy week so I'm just now getting around to posting this from last Friday. Gracelyn and I decided to settle in for a girls' only night filled with movies, popcorn, matching jammies & a slumber party in Mommy's room. This is one of Gracelyn's favorite things to do, so we try to do it a couple times a month. Gracelyn likes to bring all of her "special" blankets and her menagerie of animal friends into my room and make up a little nest on the floor. She wanted Faith to lay on the floor with her and Faith was all smiles as soon as I placed her in the middle of all of the animals.
About 20 minutes into the movie, both girls ended up in bed with me. Faith fell asleep about halfway through, so after I moved her to her crib, Gracelyn and I were able to cuddle like we used to. I didn't realize how long it had been and how much I had missed cuddling with my first born until that moment. We used to do this all of the time, but it became uncomfortable about 5 months into my pregnancy with Faith and after the baby was born Faith usually ended up with the prime cuddling spot because either she was eating or I was rocking her to sleep. Oh, how Gracelyn has grown in the past 11 months! My petite, little kindergartner is now this long-legged, beautiful girl. It won't be long before she's as tall as I am!
So. . . . Movie Night was a success and I was reminded of all the wonderful changes we have gone through in the past year that have turned our family of two into a beautiful family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment