Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Gypsy Mama

I'm sure each of us has come across at least one situation in our lives where you have a choice to teach your child a real life lesson that will draw alot of opinionated public attention or to skip over the lesson so as to not make others uncomfortable. Where do you draw the line? Do you do what you know in your heart is right, or do you allow others to influence you? I was reading one of my all time favorite blogs today and I came across this story. I applaud this mothers courage and I pray that I would choose to do the same in this situation. Please read her blog and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Well color me delighted to find such a lovely description of what went down today. Especially since it felt so awkward to me at the time and my first instinct is not the one I am proud of. But, as you say, parenting is about making conscious choices to point our children in the right direction. Even when that means sometimes taking the cues from them.

    At the end of the day, I don't think anyone around us noticed. But I'm certain God did. And I'm so glad that He always gives me a second chance to get it right.

    Thanks for sharing our little story - it's lovely to *meet* you!

    Lisa-Jo (the gypsy mama)

    ReplyDelete